Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
n6daf n6daf is offline

Default e-mail sent acknowledgement

When you send an e-mail with Word, why doesn't Word acknowledge that your
e-mail was sent successfully (when it is, of course)?

----------------
click "I Agree" in the message pane.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

n6daf wrote:
When you send an e-mail with Word, why doesn't Word acknowledge that your
e-mail was sent successfully (when it is, of course)?

Because Word itself doesn't send the email at all, it just passes it to
whatever email tool is installed on your system. It doesn't have a clue
whether the mail has actually been sent or is still sitting in an Outbox
waiting to be sent whenever you go online, for instance.

2cents
Robert
--
/"\ ASCII Ribbon Campaign | MS
\ / | MVP
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
n6daf n6daf is offline

I use Hotmail for e-mail, but I don't know of any way to keep a copy of a
Word e-mail there. Is there no answer--you just have to hope it was sent
successfully? Thanks.

"Robert M. Franz (RMF)" wrote:

n6daf wrote:
When you send an e-mail with Word, why doesn't Word acknowledge that your
e-mail was sent successfully (when it is, of course)?

Because Word itself doesn't send the email at all, it just passes it to
whatever email tool is installed on your system. It doesn't have a clue
whether the mail has actually been sent or is still sitting in an Outbox
waiting to be sent whenever you go online, for instance.

2cents
Robert
--
/"\ ASCII Ribbon Campaign | MS
\ / | MVP
X Against HTML | for
/ \ in e-mail & news | Word

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Graham Mayor Graham Mayor is offline

If you use Outlook to send your mail via your Hotmail account the copies
should be stored in the Sent messages folder of Outlook.

"Robert M. Franz (RMF)" wrote:

n6daf wrote:
When you send an e-mail with Word, why doesn't Word acknowledge
that your e-mail was sent successfully (when it is, of course)?

Because Word itself doesn't send the email at all, it just passes it
to whatever email tool is installed on your system. It doesn't have
a clue whether the mail has actually been sent or is still sitting
in an Outbox waiting to be sent whenever you go online, for instance.

2cents
Robert
--
/"\ ASCII Ribbon Campaign | MS
\ / | MVP
X Against HTML | for
/ \ in e-mail & news | Word

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
n6daf n6daf is offline

I realize that, but that is not the situation. I'm talking about when Word
is selected for me to send the e-mail. Then I have no choice!

"Robert M. Franz (RMF)" wrote:

n6daf wrote:
When you send an e-mail with Word, why doesn't Word acknowledge
that your e-mail was sent successfully (when it is, of course)?

Because Word itself doesn't send the email at all, it just passes it
to whatever email tool is installed on your system. It doesn't have
a clue whether the mail has actually been sent or is still sitting
in an Outbox waiting to be sent whenever you go online, for instance.

2cents
Robert
--
/"\ ASCII Ribbon Campaign | MS
\ / | MVP
X Against HTML | for
/ \ in e-mail & news | Word

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Graham Mayor Graham Mayor is offline

Word has no facility to send e-mails beyond the e-mail application it links
to. Make that Outlook and your default e-mail account Hotmail. If you don't
have the option to do this chat with your IT support.